Achieve your goals on your own terms with NewTribeZ.net's free Radio and Community resources, on-line services, apps and opportunities.

Apples' 10 billionth app download

Apple today announced a very impressive achievement on its homepage “10 billion app download” on Apple’s App Store.

Apple is rewarding the user who downloaded the 10 billionth app with a $10,000 iTunes gift card. Stay tuned to its official website to find out who won.

In a comparison made by GigaOm, it took the App Store 6 years less to achieve this milestone than its very own iTunes Music Store,. The iTunes store recorded its 10th billionth song download in March last year.

The technology company is clearly the leader in the app download sector. It just rolled out the Mac App Store earlier this month, and managed to attract 1 million downloads on its very first day.

Clearly the market for Apple products is large and the thirst for additional applications apparently inexhaustible, the only “dim light” on the horizon for Apple would appear to be Mr Steve Jobs’ continuing health challenges.

Last update on January 22, 11:19 pm by Greg Gibson.

Greg Gibson Owner, Founder and Designer
NewTribeZ.net & NewTribeZ Radio

Topics: Computers
Share on:

That is amazing. I could imagine spending $10K on the iTunes store... too bad it wasn't me.

~ Jim

Share on:

wow...this is very good...but I am not on iTunes all the time. ;(

LadyG<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Administrator

Share on: