Achieve your goals on your own terms with NewTribeZ.net's free Radio and Community resources, on-line services, apps and opportunities.

Let's Play PLANETBASE

Viewing Single Post

Hi, Ivan! So you're an Electronics Trader, eh? Cool, cool. These manufactured
goods aren't things we can produce just yet with our fledgling colony.
Specifically- BOTS! You are the bringer of work robots! Hello my new best friend!

• Carrier Bot - 60 Coins
  • Construction Bot - 160 Coins
  • Driller Bot - 160 Coins

Quite affordable, all considering. We could even eventually replace most of our workforce,
so that everyone can just lounge around noveau petit burgouise with an uncomplaining robotic
underclass.

Ivan, buddy, please. Why you gotta do this to me? Was it the 'robotic underclass'
joke? The implication that you're a robotic intelligence slave trader? I'm sorry.

You're only paying five Coins for Food crates? Okay, fine, what sort of goods do you
value?

Just throw everything valuable in there ooh that's expensive. That's too expensive.
It's not worth it to have one more Construction Bot or Driller Bot in exchange for selling off
Spare Parts or Medical Supplies, critical high-value supplies we need to keep our life support
systems maintained and for our people to, you know, NOT DIE.

I can't replace all the workforce with coldly logical efficient machines of planetary exploitation.
Not just yet.

Maybe just a Carrier Bot instead? We could improve throughput through the base
for the next trader when when the crates will be carried by speedy robots on treads even
when the settlers are asleep or eating or relieving all their other bodily functions.

When we rely on mass trade of low-value goods like food, this could take a while. Thus the
value of trading for Coins despite the horrible exchange ratio. Time is literally money.

Yeah you better be grateful. With another hauling robot, now you have even less to
do ya wanker.

With that done, the Storage Dome doesn't seem so small anymore. While they were
moving around carrying crates from the base, I thought I saw something interesting. Were they
wearing powered exoskeletons?

Ugh, this maximum zoom. I really can't make out any details about each individual colonist.

Wait a second... hmm. There's this button in the structure info window that I haven't
tried before.

WHAT.

Wahahahahaaaat?! I didn't know could do this! Has this always been here?

I have access to the security camera! I can PAN the view! I CAN SEE THE FUTURE!

OHOHOHOHO! THIS IS NICE! THIS IS VERRRY NICE. COLONISTS! Now we can see your faces!
LET US BE INTRODUCED TO EACH OTHER!
Last update on March 23, 1:08 pm by Carlo Marco.
Share on: