Achieve your goals on your own terms with NewTribeZ.net's free Radio and Community resources, on-line services, apps and opportunities.

So the Cubs won the World Series

Yes, it's baseball, and you might be wondering why it's significant -

http://uk.complex.com/sports/2016/11/what-chicago-sound ed-like-after-cubs-won-world-series

But the Cubs are one of those long-running cultural artifacts. Dogs bark, ducks quack, and the Cubs fail again to win the World Series. No other team in the world has a slump as long as this team. It has been a full one hundred and eight years since they last won a title.

To put it in perspective, the last time they won was in 1908. In the time that the Cubs continually fell short of the pennant, we had two World Wars, communism in Russia rose and fell, went from blimps to stealth planes, and the world went from about 1.75 billion to 7.5 billion.

One hundred and eight years. Wow. 2016 has really been a crazy year.
http://www.snopes.com/chicago-cubs-108/
Last update on November 4, 10:00 am by Carlo Marco Alfonso.
Topics: news, sports
Share on:

It has been a year for the" "underdogs" winning various championships throughout the world, here in Australia we had the National Rugby and National Australian Football championships go to teams that had not won in many years but none greater than the Cubs victory.

One of the strangest things I have heard during various commentators comments on the Cubs victory was that there are 108 stitches in a baseball the same number of years the Cubs were without a world series win ... I am not sure if the comment was noting that it was an interesting coincidence or that it was an indication that it was the Cubs "time"... sports commentators do seem to find the strangest parallels at times Grin

Greg Gibson Owner, Founder and Designer
NewTribeZ.net & NewTribeZ Radio

Share on:
Greg Gibson said...

It has been a year for the" "underdogs" winning various championships throughout the world, here in Australia we had the National Rugby and National Australian Football championships go to teams that had not won in many years but none greater than the Cubs victory.

One of the strangest things I have heard during various commentators comments on the Cubs victory was that there are 108 stitches in a baseball the same number of years the Cubs were without a world series win ... I am not sure if the comment was noting that it was an interesting coincidence or that it was an indication that it was the Cubs "time"... sports commentators do seem to find the strangest parallels at times Grin

It's so notable wikipedia already mentions it:

In 2016 the Chicago Cubs (MLB) won the World Series for the first time in 108 years, ending the longest championship drought in North American professional sports. The Cubs' win came in the 10th inning with 8 runs (108).
Last update on November 4, 1:05 pm by Carlo Marco Alfonso.
Share on:

Leicester City won the UK football premiership for the first time ever!

Share on: